Privacy & Security Policy
Posted December 1, 2011
Humaneitarian.org is committed to protecting your personal information and privacy. This Privacy & Security Policy describes the personal information we collect from you and how we use and secure it. Capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy & Security Policy shall have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service (TOS).
Because your privacy is important to us, we operate by the following principles:
Principle 1: Information We Collect.
- Personal Information. You may browse the Website without providing any personal information or data that could be used to identify you personally (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). If you register with the Website, you will provide us with certain PII as we may require. By registering, you acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to process and store your PII in the United States.
- Usage Statistics. In some cases, we supplement portions of your PII with other data received from third parties, or data sent to us from your web browser, including (but depending on its settings) your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data (“Usage Statistics”).
- Cookies. You need not activate cookies to browse the Website, but you will need to do so in order to log on. Cookies are small files created by your browser which identify you to the Website as a prior user. Although cookies may store your username and password, they do not store any PII.
- Site Usage. We may use web beacons that collect non-PII to track your use of the Website.
Principle 2: Use of Your Information.
- We may use, share, transfer, or disclose your PII and/or Usage Statistics solely for the purpose of fraud prevention, customer service, demographic studies, our tailoring of Content to Users’ needs, and to serve advertisements.
- We will not disclose your PII (unless you voluntarily provide it in your postings), without your consent, unless acting under a good faith belief that such disclosure is required to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process (e.g., court orders, subpoenas and judicial proceedings); to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of the Website, Users, or others; or to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- If we use quotations from you, we will obtain your permission prior to including your username, the state or city of residence, the initials of your actual name or any other PII.
- We currently have no parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. If we do in the future, or if we merge with or sell our assets or company to another, then we may share your PII with such companies, in which event such companies will be required to follow this Policy with respect to your PII.
Principle 3: Communications Sent to You.
- We will not send you any unsolicited communications except as provided below.
- If you register, we may send you registration emails and notices of updates, notices and other matters regarding the Website and the subject matter thereof unless you opt out of those.
- Periodically we may contact Users in order to ensure their satisfaction with the Website and/or to ask how we can improve.
Principle 4: Updating and Deleting PII.
- If at any time you wish to update your PII, you may do so by logging into your account and accessing your Edit Profile page.
Principle 5: Links to Third-Party Sites.
- To the extent that links to other Web sites are provided on the Site, please note that they are not operated or controlled by Humaneitarian, LLC. Consequently Humaneitarian, LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices, security, or content of these third-party sites.
Principle 6: Security.
- Our web host employ multiple security procedures and practices to protect PII from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure.
- All PII is password-protected in accordance with industry standards.
- Despite these security procedures and practices, as is the case with all computer networks connected to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your PII or any other information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Limitations on Liability contained in our ToS shall apply to all breaches of security.
Principle 7: Updates to This Privacy & Security Policy.
- By visiting the Website, you are accepting this Privacy & Security Policy as it may be updated, amended or otherwise modified from time to time. Please be sure to check the date of the TOS and this Policy each time you visit to ensure that you are aware of the most current versions.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy & Security Policy, please contact us by going to the “Contact Us” page on this website.